KEEP YOURSELF AND OTHERS SAFE BY RECOGNIZING UNCONCIOUS BIAS.
We all have bias, but there are things we can do to reduce and manage it. Understanding implicit bias and using these strategies not only makes your work more fair, it also improves your ability to react to difficult situations. As security professionals’ actions and motivations come under ever-increasing scrutiny, this course will ensure you can respond confidently to situations without being driven by your biases. You’ll learn to assess situations and make sound decisions, all while protecting others and yourself with dignity and respect.
What you’ll learn
Both first-time security guards and experienced guards will benefit from this comprehensive introduction to bias, which covers:
- What bias is and how it affects us all
- How to recognize implicit bias or prejudice in ourselves
- The dangers created by bias in security professionals
- How to manage attentional bias on the job
- How to use evidence instead of bias in your security decisions
Why this course is important
- Provide better security in a fair way that minimizes the chance of profiling or discrimination
- Strengthen your security instincts with evidence-based best practices
- Protect yourself and your company from lawsuits and reputational risk
- Earn continuing education credits to meet local and state requirements